As we age, let’s face it…our skin starts to loose it’s healthy glow. That’s because the process of cell regeneration starts to slow down. Old skin cells pile up on the surface of our skin leaving it looking dry and … Continue reading
This morning I had a moment. One of those moments I’ve had a thousand times before, but different. Different because I suddenly saw the moment differently than I did all the times before.
You see, this morning, I cried tears of joy. I’m a “crier”, so this is not out of the ordinary. I’ve always accepted this as the way I was made, and I’ve never really given much thought about the reason or purpose behind crying when I’m happy. Until this morning.
I was holding my baby daughter, rocking her and talking to her before putting her down for her morning nap. When she started to get sleepy, she laid her head on my chest like normal. Just as I thought she was falling asleep, she lifted her head to look at me and smile. I touched my nose and forehead to hers and began raining kisses on her cheeks and eyelids. She just closed her eyes and smiled, soaking up my affections. The moment was so full of love, my heart could no longer contain it all without bursting. And so, I cried tears of pure joy. The overflow of my love.
- “The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today.” ~Elbert Hubbard
- “Whether you think you can or you can’t, you are right.” ~Henry Ford
- “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” ~John Wooden
- “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” ~Anonymous
- “Persevere…because on the road to success there is never a crowd on the extra mile!” ~Charity Gibson
- “Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
- “The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.” ~Helen Keller
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” ~Henry Stanley Haskins
- “Just remember there is someone out there that is more than happy with less than what you have.” ~Unknown
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before beginning to improve the world.” ~Anne Frank.
Have you ever noticed how “regret” has turned into a kind of dirty word in our current culture? All you have to do is look up quotes about regret and you’ll find endless nuggets of wisdom from philosophers, actors, authors, … Continue reading